SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

6.02.2009

Rose Bryant Original Painting "A Girl and Her Horse"


SOLD 16x20 acrylic on canvas
Sometimes when I am asked to do a commission, I almost feel like an actor who "gets into character". I enjoy hearing about the meaning behind the request, who the people are for whom the painting is intended.... or what the place or environment is about. I enjoy the emotional investment I make in the process... it makes my decisions clearer and hopefully my work more appreciated by the person requesting the painting. For this commission, a family came to me for a special "sweet sixteen" birthday gift for their daughter. After looking at several photographs and watching video images the daughter had put together to a favorite piece of music, I settled in on this particular moment. For me, there was no mistaking how special this love is to her. Enjoy. Rose

2 comments:

  1. A portrait of the girl and her favorite horse- what a Great Sweet Sixteen gift! Thanks for sharing. Best, Pat www.patwulfson.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! Mom, this painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you!