SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

3.02.2011

Grasses series by Rose Bryant

I'm so excited about this newest series I am working on. This panel is one of five of the same color scheme... a deep earthy yellow oxide mixed with cadmium red on a raw umber-ish background. The colors really are all "ish"s because none of my colors actually end up being just straight from the tube... I always mix and blend before painting them on the canvas. When I envision this painting's use, I see it on a wall with two of it's pals... or on fabric for a scarf... or maybe even as a rug. Part of the fun of working with somewhat abstract images is thinking about the possibilities for future applications. For the moment, though, it just makes me feel good and warm. See this and its "relatives" at our upcoming Spring Open House this May 6 and 7... and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!