SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

2.04.2008

House portrait underpainting


Today I continued working on a second newer painting of the same house I had started on another canvas a fews ago. I reached a point in the first painting and could tell I had gotten too tight.... so I started the second one and like it much better. The loose brush and the full color of the underpainting are really invigorating, and I want to add only minimal color at this point to smooth out the intensity of the red and still keep it playful and rich. When my client sees the two paintings... she will have a choice. Pretty cool. One thing I have found is I can never tell what someone else is going to like and what a good thing that is. The expectations could overwhelm me. This piece is acrylic on 18x24 canvas. I will have the finished piece tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!