SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

2.08.2013

It was orange and now it's not...

Still in progress...but really coming together. I can always add a little more orange back to the painting for punctuation if I need to... so for now I won't worry.  My next steps will be to make the sand lighter and more "sunny". I will then work over the sky to get a softer, lighter, slightly aqua color. After I lighten the sky and the sand up, I will go back in on the kayaks to give them more sunlight. At the moment, the painting feels like it needs more contrast. I am approaching the time when I step back from the painting to "see" and then forward to mark... then back to "see"... then forward to mark. Repeat, repeat.... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful art to gaze upon after a morning of shoveling. Thanks Rose! Chris Loughnane

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you!