SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

7.05.2012

Trees on the Hill...

SOLD "Trees on the Hill" 30x40 original on canvas. Oh, sweet and sad. Sometimes when I "groove" on the colors SO much, I get attached. Red, yellow oxide, light greens, hot orange (love them). When I painted it, I was free, and light... and only putting marks down that "felt right"... a really organic process. This painting was at my favorite shop in Exeter, The Willow. It is now with its new owner. A cute story about how people relate to abstract comes with this painting... The purchaser's spouse wanted to know what the red areas in the painting represent. She told him  - "outhouses". I guess that was enough. Thank you J.C.. I love the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!