SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

5.16.2011

A painted chair for New Outlook Teen Center

Ok! Time for some crazy fun... what will it be? I have some ideas and I am leaning in the direction of flowers... maybe poppies, but I will try not to paint them, as my daughter Maizie would say, like "old lady flowers". She said that to me years ago and I can't forget it. It's not that there is anything wrong with old ladies... hey, that time is just down the road a bit! But she said it to remind me to paint the unusual. I love her take on what is visually interesting... she's never in "the box". So, flowers, out of "the box", is what it will be. The project: During April vacation, members of New Outlook's Young Women's Adventure Group built Adirondack chairs with "Girls at Work" a NH non-profit dedicated to empowering girls through woodworking and carpentry. Artists will paint the chairs. (I have one of them). They will go on display as art installations at businesses in Exeter and Portsmouth from early June to mid-July, and the public will have the chance to bid on the chairs during an online summer auction. All proceeds will benefit the New Outlook Teen Center in Exeter. I can't wait to see them all! Stay tuned... more to come :-)

3 comments:

love to hear from you!