SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

1.02.2010

Happy 2010



SOLD  The color in this painting is so cheery, it had to be a part of my New Year's greeting. It is an 11x14 painting of a dinghy docked in the river in Exeter. I took the photo in the summertime, turned it into black and white, and then painted using color combinations that really intrigued me. The painting is now "docked" in a home of full of thoughtfulness.
As for 2009 and 2010, I can hardly describe the kind of wonderful holiday season and New Year my family has had. As I get older, I love and appreciate things so much more...  honest sincere growth encourages me to weed out the insignificant.  I was lucky enough to spend wonderful moments with my children and husband and take goofy pictures on which we will always look back and laugh, ... Incredible friends and a wonderful neighborhood enrich my life everyday, and I have two nephews who are planning weddings in VA and NC. "Skype" allowed me to visit with long-distance family over the holidays. Art adventures opened new doors. Little things like sharing a cup of tea with a friend in front of a tiny woodstove made chilly days perfect. My family also had some sadder moments this year, as all families have, but those events tend to decrease the miles and draw loved ones closer.
Thank you all for being a part of this year and for allowing me to share my color and thoughts with you. I wish you a warm 2010 and hope you all have many wonderful journeys ahead in happy blue waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!