SEE MY WORK AT ART UP FRONT STREET. 120 FRONT STREET IN UPTOWN EXETER, NH

2.01.2011

BURRRRR! It's February!

Two wonderful winter warmers... a gift from Renee Carman, of Mandeville Canyon Designs that is now beginning to open and fill my room with fragrance... and a special one-of-a-kind tea blend designed by Lois Matheson, a multi-talented business consultant (also a tea lover and connoisseur). These little treats are reminders of how nice it can be to do business with people who are also friends. Both of these women are inspirations to me.... always upbeat and professional.

My newest painting, "Red Grasses" is fresh off the easel and will be down at The Willow this week (as soon as the snow stops :-)!). It is a diptych, each panel is 16x20 inches, acrylic on deep profile canvas. I love the way this image moves.... it is based on one of my previous images originally using browns and neutrals, but with this one I NEEDED to paint some extra warmth. The design of the grasses was originally made by using the foliage from lily plants in my garden. This painting is the first of several I am exploring using a grassy organic theme.... I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, snowshoe to the Willow to see this one and my other originals.
Stay warm and have fun in this crazy winter white.
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!